The Real Estates by Jean Loo (Photo Walk)
Join us for a photo walk around Bedok neighbourhood!
The Real Estates is a playful interpretation of a town’s geographical map – that focuses on the vignettes of life and urban streetscapes and inspires residents to rediscover their neighbourhood, where colour and stories of the community can be used to create art.
Join us as The Real Estates transposes from Toa Payoh in March 2016 season to another beautiful town – Bedok, where you will see a stunning installation featuring a rich visual tapestry of photographs showcasing familiar sights and scenes from various neighbourhoods. See Bedok in a new light through photographs contributed by the public, artist Jean Loo and her team of photographers from photo walks around the neighbourhood.
You can contribute to the installation too (no prior experience needed!)- by journeying with us on a photo walk around Bedok and be thoroughly entertained as our guides regale you with juicy historical insights about the sites, an intriguing mix of the familiar and forgotten. Whether you are 8 or 88 years old, grab your camera or smartphone, and bring out the colours of the neighbourhood through your unique lenses of the town's visual landscape.
This programme is commissioned specially for Arts In Your Neighbourhood 2016.
- Date: Session #1 19 Nov 2016 (Sat) | Session #2 26 Nov 2016 (Sat)
- Time: 3.30pm - 6.30pm
- Venue: Bedok Town Square (In front of The Real Estates visual art installation)
Things To Note:
- Your registration will only be confirmed upon receiving an email from NAC.
- This programme is suitable for all ages and will be conducted in English.
- Interested participants can choose to attend either Session #1 or Session #2. Each session will take about 3 hours. Participants are encouraged to dress comfortably with comfortable walking shoes and to bring along a water bottle for the trail.
- Latecomers will not be permitted to join photo walk.
- In the event of bad weather, please note that this programme may be delayed or cancelled. Thank you for your understanding.
About Arts in Your Neighbourhood
The Arts in Your Neighbourhood programme provides an enriching arts experience at one's doorstep. It is a series comprising interactive arts programmes by established artists and arts groups held at various spaces across the island.
Look out for a myriad of Dance, Music, Literary Arts, Visual Arts and Theatre programmes, in addition to many other exciting programmes this November!
Arts for All is an initiative by National Arts Council to promote self-expression, creativity and bonding through the arts by bringing it to where people live, work and play.
Visit https://artsforall.sg/ayn for a full list of Arts in Your Neighbourhood activities from 10-27 November 2016.
About The Artists
Jean Loo derives her energy from creating purposeful work. She runs Logue, a content creation studio that builds strong social dialogue through community art, documentary film and photography. Their labours of love include SUPERHERO ME, a ground-up values-based arts and craft movement to empower children-at-risk and special-needs communities, and AND SO THEY SAY, an interactive installation celebrating the wisdom of seniors, launched at the Singapore Night Festival 2015.
Singapore Personal Data Protection Act
In compliance with the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, we are committed to safeguarding your personal data. Please be assured that your personal details will be kept in strictest confidence and stored securely for stipulated use only.
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
3:30 PM - 6:30 PM SGT
- Bedok Town Square (between Bedok Mall and Bedok Interchange Hawker Centre)
Session #1 | 19 November 2016 | Saturday | 3.30pm - 6.30pm Session #2 | 26 November 2016 | Saturday | 3.30pm - 6.30pm
On sale until Nov 14, 2016, 12:00:00 PM
- Venue Address
- Bedok Town Square Singapore
In front of The Real Estates exhibition